The Cleveland Buddhist Temple has resumed monthly services and we would love to see you there, exactly as you are! We are collocated with the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Cleveland at 21600 Shaker Blvd, Shaker Heights, OH 44122.
Please check for updates and/or changes to this schedule on the current weekly Buddha Post
Sunday, December 17, 2023
9:45 AM: Zen Shin Sangha
- Sitting and chanting mediation - all levels, including beginners.
- Shin Buddhist Sangha Gathering and Service: Rev. Anita Tokuzen Kazarian
- December Memorial Service: Expressing gratitude to our ancestors who passed away in the month of November.
Following the Service:
- Following coffee and cake, we will hold a short gathering. Our discussion will follow a short reading from River of Fire, River of Water, Chapter 18 - Arrogance. Handouts of the text will be provided for those who do not have the book.
What happens at a gathering?
We gather as an informal group. We may do sitting meditation, chanting meditation, recitations, pay respect to those who have gone before us, to one another and the Buddha Dharma (the teachings). The Sangha, one of the three treasures of Buddhism, gives us community and time to understand how Buddhism works in our daily lives. We may share our thoughts, experiences or not.
What does not happen?
We do not worship, we do not have petitionary prayer, nor do we have rules or regulations to judge us from one another.
- We follow the State of Ohio guidelines for Covid-19 safety and precautions.
- Our gathering includes the name of those who have passed before us. To include the name of a loved one or friend, please email Rev. Anita.
- Please contact Rev. Anita for visits to assisted living, nursing homes or hospitals for those who cannot attend the service.
Calendar of Events
Thanks for visiting our calendar of events for the Cleveland Buddhist Temple! With recent changes in the ongoing COVID pandemic, we are just starting to reawaken our public outreach. Please check this page often as new events are being scheduled daily.
Thanks for supporting the Cleveland Buddhist Temple - We look forward to seeing you soon!
Come as you are!